In advance of pupils returning to school tomorrow, it is requested that everyone plays their role in ensuring that hygiene and public health measures are followed to allow a safe return to school.
If your child or someone in your household has tested positive for Covid-19 or is displaying symptoms you must follow guidance issued by the PHA below.
It is essential that you contact the School Office to inform and discuss the nature of the absence. The School Office will be open from 8am- 4.30pm each day.
PHA guidance is as follows:
- if you have symptoms of coronavirus or a positive test, you will need to stay at home for at least 10 days;
- if you live with someone who has symptoms or a positive test, you will need to stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person in the home started having symptoms;
- however, if you develop symptoms during this 14-day period, you will need to self-check in accordance with Test and Trace guidance and stay at home for 10 days from the day your symptoms started (regardless of what day you are on in the original 14-day period);
- 10 days after your symptoms started, if you do not have a high temperature, you do not need to continue to self-isolate. If you still have a high temperature, keep self-isolating until your temperature returns to normal. You do not need to self-isolate if you just have a cough after 10 days, as a cough can last for several weeks after the infection has gone.
Do not send your child to school if your child or anyone you live with has any of the following symptoms:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature);
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual);
- a loss of or change in sense of smell or taste.
If your child or anyone in your household has any of the symptoms above you must get a test for Covid-19.
Please remember to exercise social distancing when dropping off/ collecting children and avoid congregating in groups. School staff will be on hand to reassure pupils and guide them to their classrooms. All children will have their temperatures taken prior to entering the school building.
Covid-19 is still in our communities and we need parents, pupils and wider society to stay vigilant to “Keep It Out” of our school.